Francesco Piemontesi, who is only 24, emerged some ten years ago with a brilliant execution of Grieg’s concerto at the Swiss final for the Eurovision Competition for young musicians. Since then he has pursued his studies quietly, yet with great dedication, first in Lugano and later in Hanover. His achievements have allowed him to accompany much more experienced and famous musicians, such as Yuri Bashmet and, currently, Heinrich Schiff. In addition to his mastery of the instrument, most striking in Piemontesi are the intelligence and the originality of his interpretations. These qualities earned him a distinguished third place in 2006 at the most demanding of all international competitions, the "Queen Elisabeth International Music Competition"* in Brussels. He will soon debut at New York’s Carnegie Hall.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonate n. 31 - op.110
- Claude Debussy: 3 preludes: Ondine; La terrasse des audiences du clair de lune; Ce qu'a vu le vent d'Ouest Igor Stravinskij: L'Oiseau de feu
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Variationen "Bei Männern welche Liebe fühlen" dal Flauto magico di W.A. Mozart
- Robert Schumann: Phantasiestücke op. 73
- Claude Debussy: Sonate
- Igor Stravinskij: Italian suite
Pianist: Francesco Piemontesi Cellist: Heinrich Schiff Format 16:9 / HD